My Dad has always stated, “No one gets any sense about them until they turn 30!” Well, 30 was five years ago, and I am still trying to figure out how that time has passed by me so quickly. Today, October 2, 2020, is my birthday, and I turn 35 years old, and sometimes I wonder if I have gained any of that “sense” my Dad speaks of often.
When my 30th birthday rolled around, I was miserable. It wasn’t because I was turning 30 I was just in a terrible season in my life. However, only five short years later, that has all turned around. I am now remarried, I have a lovely little family, and I am living my dreams in my chosen career. I guess turning 35 isn’t terrible after all; there will be no sad tears today, only grateful ones.
35 Things it Took Me 35 Years to Learn
To celebrate my birthday today, I want to share with you a list of 35 things that it took me 35 years to learn!
- Chasing your dreams is hard, but it is worth it.
- There will be difficult seasons in your life, but you will make it back to the light.
- When you least expect it, you will realize that you are indeed turning into your Mother. However, it is something to treasure, not something to fight.
- Much to your horror, you can turn into a morning person when you have been a night owl all your life.
- There are going to be people in your life that dislike you for no reason, let it go.
- Seek the magic and grace of life in the ordinary things of life.
- It’s typically not the roots that will trip you up on your path. Instead, it will be the flat concrete slabs you will fall on. (Both literally and mentally, 2 broken feet suck).
- You have to stop being so shy and get out and meet people.
- Talking and Answering Yourself Outloud is FINE! Not crazy.
- Full-blown emotions only stay in your body for 90 seconds so let them pass but don’t attach yourself to them forever.
- Eat before you become HANGRY!
- You can stare death in the face and come out on the other side with peace.
- Life is fragile, so embrace it NOW!
- Look for adventure in trails that are off the beaten path.
- Love will find you when you are NOT looking for it actively.
- Prayer works, so use it!
- Do not feel inferior to anyone. (I still struggle with this one, but it is a process)
- Leggings are AHHHHMMMMAAAZZZINNNG! Why did I only discover them a few weeks ago?
- Stop looking at something repeatedly when you want to buy it because if you wait and go back, it will not be there.
- Laugh at drama because you don’t have time for it.
- Fear appears to be a giant in your path, but all you have to do is say Boo, and it will run away.
- Trust yourself, and don’t depend on others for your creative ideas. YOU HAVE THE GIFT inside you! Fling open the door and run to them.
- You can have everything you ever wanted and lose it. It will crush you, but God will redeem you with something better.
- Get out in nature more because it soothes and quiets the soul.
- To make money, you have to spend money on a business.
- It is ok to say no.
- It is also ok to say yes!
- Although you may like to “wing it,” you are better off planning.
- Yes, you can learn to like the summer months even though snakes and mosquitos are out in droves.
- Clean out your closet once a year and stop holding onto stuff you think you will learn to love.
- You can work too much, and you need to take off at least one day a week.
- There is real evil in this world.
- But there is also pure good.
- Dry shampoo can help your fine hair gain texture!
- Choose happiness and make the decision to look for it every moment you can!
Sidenote: I would rather be behind my camera instead of in front of it, LOL!
HUGE Shoutout to the Fab Flawless Hair & Makeup Artistry team for doing my hair and makeup! Thank you Anna for my hair and thank you to Sheri & Alyssa for doing my makeup!